Stream or download Bringing the King back Pt 1
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation,” 2 Peter 3:3-4.
“They sure must have been short of spies!!!”
“Thus contradicting their propaganda from the past!!!”
“This is an interesting story for Ulster readers, many of us having little knowledge of this man!!”
“Oh boy! That should quell the enthusiasm of those ‘united Irelanders’ who have grown fat on government benefits!!”
“I am pleased that there is mention in this article of the Presbyterianism of these folk from Ulster. I have no doubt that it was the Bible ethics instilled in them by old-time Presbyterianism, rather than racial identity, that gave them their steely fortitude of character!”
“This is but Irish Republicanism showing again its bitter hatred of all things British as they were taught to do by Sinn Fein/IRA, whose condemnations should to be treated with contempt!!”
“It is likely that most readers never heard of such an event. It has to be said that Protestantism in the Republic of Ireland is almost entirely ecumenical and thus no longer seen as a ‘threat’ to popery!!”
“It is ‘Rule Irish Republic’ as far as the BBC is concerned and, sadly, all too many do acquiescence in this!!”
“The DUP vote by its MLA’s in 2015, alongside Sinn Fein on this issue, makes them all bear the shame that is emerging from this Inquiry!!”
“Proof, if proof was needed, that the Church of England is utterly apostate and in ignorance of God’s TRUTH!
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us,” Matthew 1:21-23.
“Sinn Fein comments are a case of the ‘kettle calling the pot black’! What hog-wash is spouted both for and against support for sodomy!!! There is a great reluctance to simply take the Bible’ position on this perversion! The DUP’s reaction to this disgraceful support for sodomite perversion will show where it really stands on this immorality!!”
“The Dublin government are seeking to advance their hopes of a ‘United Ireland’ by attempting to make the ‘new’ border the northeast sea coast and so, in effect, remove the present land border between the north and south of Ireland and also ‘move’ Northern Ireland out of the UK.
How comforting to rest on the truth that “every purpose of the LORD shall be performed,” (Jeremiah 51:29) with regards the future of the coming kingdom of Antichrist of which the EU is but an embryo!
“These reports being true, then we must see how the wickedness of today’s perverted morality has been nurtured secretly for many decades!!
‘I pray this torment will end’ – sister of missing Columba McVeigh as new dig begins today
“This another search in this ongoing tragic saga doubtless will be watched in hope by the family but it also serves to highlight yet again the cruel wickedness of murderous Sinn Fein/IRA!!”
“These enemies of righteousness continue in their attempts to legalise the murder of unborn children in Northern Ireland as it is in the rest of the UK!!”
“From the highest to the lowest, within the ranks of Sinn Fein/IRA, there has been united support for terrorism, as the statements of this candidate shows!!”
“Should not be too hard to ask the likes of Gerry Adams, who would have known the rapist, if he was a member of Sinn Fein. Simply, more lies and and fairy tales!!
“Shot down by a Syrian missile but Russia says it’s Israel’s fault!! 🤨
“Dublin has ever shown itself ready to criticise and condemn Ulster for not doing that which it fails to do at home!!!”
“We do not know what this lady said but it is here officially described as ‘criticising. The word ‘criticising’ means ‘to indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way’.What has happened to this councillor ought to alarm those who value ‘free speech’ and who feel it is very necessary to ‘criticise error of every kind!!
“From ‘friend’ and ‘foe’ alike there comes this attack upon every attempt to legislate aright and defend the unborn from murder!
Ungodly politicians have brought the blood of innocents upon the nation, “Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls,” Ezekiel 22:27.”
Invitation to a Royal Wedding – No 6.
Scripture: Matthew 22:1-14
Stream or download The Parables #69
I have been pressing upon you the need there is for you to respond to the gospel invitation on the basis of the great mercy God extends to poor, lost sinners.
He offers full salvation, pardon from sin, victory over it, peace and assurance of eternal safety and an everlasting home in glory with the Saviour and all of the redeemed.
That should be enough to persuade any person to receive Christ! But we know that many remain in their sin, even after hearing these great truths expounded repeatedly.
Indeed, is that not the case with some of you here?
However, there is another reason why you should heed the gospel.
VII. We must remember that there is wrath!
“Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee,” Job 36:18.
The devil has persuaded millions today that there is no WRATH!
The Lord Jesus said: “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him,” John 3:36.
Our sins will bring the wrath of God upon our heads for all eternity if we do not seek shelter in Christ. Noah’s Ark is a picture of this salvation from judgment! There was only ONE way of escape from the coming judgment – GOD’S ARK!
It is a picture of the Lord Jesus. “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,” John 14:6. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved,” Acts 4:12.
VIII. There is a high price to pay for rejecting Christ
“But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city,” verse 7.
This judgment actually took place in AD 70. Gospel warnings are not empty threats! The Saviour is here warning “the chief priests and Pharisees,” Matthew 21:45, the very men who “persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus,” Matthew 27:20.
The Jewish nation rejected Christ. “Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children,” Matthew 27:25.
In AD 70, a generation after the Saviour’s crucifixion, the judgment of God fell on their children when the Roman Army destroyed Jerusalem and the Jewish state.
It was 2000 years ago but it is a lesson we must never forget for that which happened to Jerusalem will happen to the world. “Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it,” Isaiah 13:9.
Please heed the warning today, boys and girls, and seek shelter in the Lord Jesus.
Invitation to a Royal Wedding – No 5.
Scripture: Matthew 22:1-14
Stream or download The Parables #68
VI. DESPITE GOD’S KINDNESS AND PATIENCE MEN BECOME HARDER
1. They chose to disregard His invitation.
“But they made light of it, verse 5. They put no value upon the King’s invitation or the marriage of His Son. There is a verse in Proverbs which sets forth the awful wickedness of this action. “Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof,” Proverbs 1:24-25.
God has often to complain of such behaviour. “But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me,” Psalm 81:11.
Boys and girls this is how men treated Christ! “And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate,” Luke 23:11.
Tell me, what value do you place of God’s Word today? Do you listen to it, read it, heed it, obey it? Have you accepted His invitation yet?
2. They counted the common things of this world more important. “But they . . . . went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise,” V 5. Cows and goats and sheep are more important to some than is the Lord!
3. Furthermore, some went even further in their rejection of the invitation. “And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them,” verse 6.
Rejection hardens the heart. Mockery of the servants of the Lord is but a rejection of the Lord and His invitation. It leads to murder!
Tuesday morning – KICS 68.
Scripture: Genesis 32:24-31
Stream or download Jacob at Penuel
This is one of the most instructive passages on the matter of prayer.
- Here we see a man in a very domestic situation. He is almost frantic with a fearful anticipation of the revenge of his brother, Esau.
- He had prayed, Verses 9-12, a very wise and good prayer.
- He had taken a number of steps to seek to placate Esau. Verses 13-20.
- For all that, Jacob was still very uneasy and anxious.
I. A bold encounter with the Lord.
It was the “Lord God” he met, verse 30.
The word ‘wrestled’ means ‘to get dusty’! This was a real grappling between two men seeking to overthrow one another.
Jacob lays hold in order to wrestle an answer and the Lord lays hold in order to overcome Jacob.
1. That is what prayer is. “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water,” Hebrews 10:19-22.
2. We can pray with boldness, that is commandingly. “In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him,” Ephesians 3:12. Because:
a. Our sins are forgiven. “by the blood of Jesus”.
b. A ‘way’ dedicated for us alone. “He hath consecrated for us.” It is as if God has given us a key to His door!
c. We have our own High Priest. “An high priest over the house of God.” He offers for us our sacrifices of praise and prayer up to God. He presents all our offerings, perfumed with the incense of his own merits, before the throne of God.
II. It was a time of desperation for Jacob.
1. Desperation causes us to act boldly, resolutely. Abraham, Genesis 18:23-32. Note verses 27, 30, 31, 32. Here is boldness born of desperation! Likewise the unnamed woman of Canaan, Matt 15:22-28. This woman showed boldness, verses 23, 27.
2. So it was Christ prayed. This is wrestling with God! “And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground,” Luke 22:44.
3. So it is the Holy Spirt helps us to pray. “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered,” Romans 8:26. (Acts 7:34.) Expressing unutterable words in prayer.
III. The Lord engaged in this wrestling.
“ . . . . . and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day” Genesis 32:24.
1. The wrestling is accredited to the Lord! True prayer begins with God. “And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples,” Luke 11:1. “And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced,” Zechariah 12:10. “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father,” Gals 4:6.
2. The victory the Lord gained. “And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him,” Genesis 32:25. Jacob was strengthened by his defeat!
“And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted,” Matthew 23:12.
“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time,” 1 Peter 5:6.
3. Here is a wounding unto health and strength! “He touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint.”
He had a new walk. “And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh,” verse 31.
This what we heard about yesterday morning.
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me,” Galatians 2:20.
Jacob was given a new name from that day. “Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed,” Genesis 32:28.
Young people, here is the secret, the key of the victorious kingly life.