Scripture: “For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee,” Isaiah 41:13.
“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand, John 10:28.
Stream or download Those taken by the hand to heaven
To refer to someone as being “taken by the hand” is a common phrase, understood by all to mean being favoured by those in power and authority so as to enjoy special privileges.
The Christian is truly someone who is being taken by the hand and that by Someone Who is of ultimate power and athuthority. The privileges they enjoy as a result are of the highest order for they are favoured by the King of kings and Lord of lords!
Consider how favoured the Christian is as someone led by the hand of the Lord.
I. HERE IS AN ILLUSTRATIVE PICTURE OF TRUE CONVERSION.
1. The initative was the Lord’s. He takes the sinners hand. Ps 18:16; 40:2, Mark 1:31; 41.
2. There is a work of persuasion. The sinner yields to the hand of Christ.
3. What grace is displayed. God is seen hand in hand with sinners!He loves them, He is reconciled to them, He is their friend!
II. HERE IS AN INSTRUCTIVE PICTURE OF REAL RELIGION.
What is it to be a real Christian? It is to walk hand in hand with Christ.
1. Here is a loving relationship. Here is union.
2. Here is a harmonious relationship. Here is a harmonious relationship. “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” Amos 3:3.
3. Here is an orderly relationship. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” Romans 8:14. Christ takes the lead. The believer goes where the hand of the Lord leads Him.
III. THE ULTIMATE CONCLUSION OF TRUE RELIGION
We are going to that place to which the Lord is guiding us!
1. We have His company all the way. “For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death,” Psalm 48:14. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me,” Psalm 23:4.
2. A successful conclusion to our pilgrimage is assured. As it was with the Exodus, when the Lord led His people out of Egypt, so it will be with all Whom He leads by the hand.
3. He will lead us into glory. “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings,” Hebs 2:10. “And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad,” John 11:52. “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together,” Romans 8:17. “Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified,” Romans 8:30. “Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus,” Hebs 6:20. He has gone to spy out the land for us.
Here are all those who were led by the hand. Rev 7:9-17.
Are you among them?