The sheep and the goats, Pt11.
Scripture: Matthew 25:31-46
Stream or download The Parables #114
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels,” verse 41.
The sheep and the goats are separated for the first time. They were part of the flock of the professing or the ‘Visible Church’ but the Lord has now separated His sheep from the goats, those who were not saved.
Part of the judgement of the wicked is their hearing the righteous rewarded and honoured. The wicked have been listening to what the Saviour said to His flock and they must have become aware that what He said to them would be different from what He would say to them, since they were separated from the righteousness.
* If you are not one of Christ’s flock, you cannot expect to be dealt with in the same way as they are dealt with and blessed!
* Hell is made all the worse by a knowledge of the heaven that your unbelief and disobedience robbed you of!
What a dreadful contrast between what the Saviour said to the sheep and that which He says to the goats!
“Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”
* There is a great difference between the Saved and the Lost but it will be never so plain and obvious as on this day!
* Its is obvious from what the wicked say that they considered there to be no difference between them and the saved! They have never understood the difference that is pointed out in God’s Word. Just like Nicodemus, John 39. “Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?”
* Even here they argue and show their IGNORANCE! See what Paul said: “Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart.” That is why they are still puzzled and arguing!
They were sent to hell because they did not love Christ and this was seen in how they treated Christians.
Note how the ungodly dare to challenge Christ. “They answered Him, when . . .” This is not the humble response of the righteous, verse 37. No this is a disputing and arguing with Christ and daring to suggest He is wrong and unjust!.
This how men react to the gospel! Matt 15:8-12. Rejecters of the gospel remain in darkness and ignorance. The purpose of the gospel in bring sinners into the light. “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me,” Acts 26:18.