The parable of the prodigal son, Pt1
Stream or download The Parables #39
The Prodigal’s Restlessness and Rebellion, v11-13.
* This parable was uttered by the Saviour in response to the charge laid against Him by His enemies. “And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them,” Luke 15:2. It is the last of three parables spoken by Christ at this time all of which have the same theme —THE LOST FOUND.
* What a thing that the Saviour’s mingling with sinners was deemed a sin on His part!! Please remember that the Saviour mingled but did not condone any sin of which they were guilty any more than a doctor is complicit in the sickness of those he treats!
* This is perhaps the best known and best loved of all the parables. It is right up to date. Every generation has found it to be so. Despite what men may think nothing really changes!! “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word,” Psa 119:9. God’s Word worked for the young people who believe since the beginning of time!
* Young people, please note that the desires and notions of young people have existed for a long time. This generation is experiencing nothing that former generations did not, in essence, encounter.
* Above all, note that the Saviour is fully acquainted with the heart of the young. Here is a timeless picture of the youth and the workings of their heart.
This has been but an introduction to this wonderful parable but we will continue our study the next time I am with you.